Sunday, August 17, 2014

In Sickness and in Health

I am recovering.

Until the blood tests indicate otherwise, I am going with the doctor's assessment: I came down with West Nile. I have one of the modern plagues, a viral boogeyman.

I have learned from this.

It is easy to keep going when you are healthy. And despite certain physical issues, I have been blessed with great health in the form of high immunity and general constitution. My health allows me to keep up a high level of activity, a high endurance for industriousness, which allows me to keep my family on a track of life quality and potential that would normally be just out of reach.

I have pride in this accomplishment.

The times that I am laid low by illness, I gain a perspective that puts the goodness of my life into clarity. I see how my family works when all of my plotting and planning keeps us going. I see how the stockpile of resources prevents lack. I benefit from the efforts of advancing the family unit in the form of a husband's health insurance and sick time to care for me.

The gods have blessed me with health. And this week, they blessed me with sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment